Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOP or CHANGE The gold giveaway
I understand that the 25 Post gold giveaway is to attract new members to become active, but it's getting ridiculous. An absurd amount of people have gold...

Here is my solution(s).
Manually give gold to members that stay active, or do something good for the community.
OR
Have different levels of gold!
For example...
100 Posts and at least 30 Rep = Gold
300 Posts and at least 75 Rep = Gold+
500 Posts and at least 125 Rep = Gold++
So on and so on...

I think it would be a good idea if donators, such as myself, were given a different badge overall, such as 'Pro' or something. Maybe even multiple options for a donator to choose from!
That seems like a decent idea, but large goals for a small section of people that we have.
(11-30-2012, 03:03 AM)Killer2237 Wrote: That seems like a decent idea, but large goals for a small section of people that we have.

This is meant to last for a while ;P
(11-30-2012, 03:27 AM)DarkCoderSC Wrote:
(11-30-2012, 03:03 AM)Killer2237 Wrote: That seems like a decent idea, but large goals for a small section of people that we have.

I understand that now, but shouldn't we start a little bit smaller then work up till we have something large?
(11-30-2012, 03:49 AM)Killer2237 Wrote:
(11-30-2012, 03:27 AM)DarkCoderSC Wrote:

I understand that now, but shouldn't we start a little bit smaller then work up till we have something large?

I know, but EVERYBODY is getting gold...
The goal is to get new members to sign up and post. If the goal is 100 posts, most new members will not think that it is worth that, considering the size of our forum now anyway. The one and only way I increase the requirement for gold is by seeing activity and new members joining. Every so often I will up it by 5 or 10 posts, but keep in mind that majority of you guys have it from a low amount of posts as well (15-25). If you want a distinguished rank, BUY gold, don't take advantage of the post promotions.

I will be increasing the post requirement, but that only happens as activity grows. More active members = higher posts to promotion. Eventually it may be gone.
Okay, that's logical Heis. Thanks for the explanation.