Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Russia's invasion on Ukraine spark WW3?
I think it could but its unlikely whats your opinion? Anyone have a scenario?
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
I don't think WW3 would ever occur due to the fact that countries have nuclear weapons, so it would be proxy wars all over the place. All it will be is sanctions on Russia. However, the EU can't really do that because of the fact that their economies are very inter-dependent on each other. It would hurt Russia more though, but at the loss of a few eastern European nations' economies.

That's my opinion and some of what I said could be wrong.
(04-10-2014, 10:08 PM)viletaco Wrote: I don't think WW3 would ever occur due to the fact that countries have nuclear weapons, so it would be proxy wars all over the place. All it will be is sanctions on Russia. However, the EU can't really do that because of the fact that their economies are very inter-dependent on each other. It would hurt Russia more though, but at the loss of a few eastern European nations' economies.

That's my opinion and some of what I said could be wrong.

Very true, unless Russia is secretly friends with everyone but the US, Angel

Best regards,
-Siberia
PacketPunks
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.
PM me with any questions or comments
Yanukovych was pretty much a Russian puppet who played both sides but whose ultimate loyalty lay with Putin. The rioters were a mix of far left, pro-European, far right political groups plus soccer hooligans, but the rightists need to fuck off. All of them need to for that matter, but they should know better than to fuck themselves over and make themselves susceptible to European homo hedonism culture. I figure.

Russia, as it stands doesn't have access to natural resources in Ukraine. Also, Ukraine had the best farmland in the USSR also, and borders the west more or less, thus it being a potential business hub. The Ukrainian national movement following the USSR breakup succeeded because they were a business hub and Ukrainians believed they would be better off on their own. Only problem was that Russia's materials and natural resources were cut off because of political boundaries and Ukraine fell into poverty and their industry crumbled. Ukraine could potentially do well within the EU, they would probably become first world faster but I'd worry about their long-term stability because the EU is a very humanistic live-for-today fuck the past and fuck the future nihilistic sort of union. I don't want Ukraine or Russia to be imperialistic... with that culture of hedonism, because I want them to exist in another 200 years.

Now with Russia's attempt at annexation of Crimea, the US feels the need to enforce the EU's will by proxy, however with the current state of the US, I highly doubt that this presidency, or the next would dare try to involve themselves in another foreign war with even worse rationale.

WWIII? Nah. Proxy conflict and aggression? Probably.