Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How To Access The Silk Road [Tutorial]
Disclaimer:
This tutorial is simply that, a tutorial. I in no way encourage or endorse the use of illegal substances or the selling of said substances. Whatever you choose to do on the underground web is your own choice. I am in no way responsible for any legal action taken against you.

With that being said, let's get started shall we?

Introduction:
I'm sure many of you reading this have no idea what I'm talking about when I say the "Silk Road". This is understandable as it's an onion website part of the so called "deep web". Unlike regular websites these types of sites require special actions in order to access them. If you simply copy and paste the silk road link into your regular web browser, nothing will show up. That's the whole point as there are many illegal actions performed on these types of websites. They are created for the sole purpose of staying anonymous and under the ever-watching eye of the NSA. You can find all kinds of things on these sites but mostly they are used for illegal substance or item trafficking such as drugs or guns. Specifically, on the silk road you can order practically any type of illegal substance ranging anywhere from marijuana to cocaine or heroin. These substances are shipped directly under the noses of your local police force using the best smuggling tactics known to man. Occasionally these shipments are intercepted, but the sellers are rarely caught as it would take more resources than it's worth to find them. The users of these websites use the latest anonymity tactics of the internet to create a huge barrier between the worlds powers and themselves. Even the use of super computers by the NSA would not be able to find these users in a reasonable time frame and budget to be worth their effort. That's not to say nobody get's caught but if you use the right security, it's going to be very difficult.

The most dominant factor that has made the silk road successful is the use of Bitcoins. This crypto-currency allows the trades between users to be kept completely anonymous, simply using 2 code string addresses with no other information attached. Without Bitcoins the silk road could of never emerged and this whole controversy would never be a subject.

Silk Road History:
As stated previously, the silk road is an online marketplace in which the members can trade just about any illegal items anonymously using the internet. Not only do they sell illegal substances, but they also carry many computer related items and hard to find resource items. The original silk road was launched in February of 2011 by a man named Ross William Ulbricht. On October 2, 2013, the FBI shut down the silk road and arrested Ulbricht on multiple counts of alleged murder-for-hire, narcotics trafficking, and weapons related charges. It is very complicated how they were able to track him down but it essentially came from his original 2 posts on other forums in which he said he was thinking about purchasing something, when in reality these were the first ever advertisements.

This victory was short lived for the government as in November of 2013 silk road 2 was launched by the previous administration team of silk road 1. A new member began users Ulbricht's original name "Dread Pirate Roberts" and the legacy rose up once again. The new administration gave out several encrypted copies of the site in the case of his falling and promised improved security for it's members. In December of 2013 news was released that 3 new administrators of silk road 2 had been arrested. The owner gave up control of the site and it's funds to the screen name "Defcon" who promised to get the site back up and running. Since then it has been but not without a few hurdles.

On February 13 2014, Defcon made the announcement that the sites escrow account had been compromised through a vulnerability in the Bitcoin system called "transaction malleability". The funds were at an estimated $2.7 million dollars, all of which were stolen, never to be seen again. This is of course unavoidable sometimes, the members were understanding and the site was put back into working order in which it remains today.

Tutorial:
Alright, have I caught your attention? If so I'm sure you're itching to get on this site. It isn't too hard but keep in mind that if you are planning to do anything more than just browse, you should use every anonymous security precaution known on the internet. I will list a few in this tutorial, but if you're serious about this you should look more into it.

To start with DO NOT attempt to access silk road on a mobile device or tablet. Mobile data is extremely vulnerable and is easily accessed by anyone who chooses to look into you. Use your personal computer along with multiple steps of security to keep your data safe.

This next point should be self explanatory to anyone serious about internet security. It's the use of a VPN to hide your real IP address. Giving up your IP is essentially the same as giving up your actual address, so obviously, use one! These services replace your IP with a new anonymous one preventing any suspicious individuals from looking further into you. This being said, it's important you choose the right one. Many VPN companies keep logs of your original IP address on their servers which can be easily accessed by law enforcement with a subpoena being sent to the company. The VPN company is forced to present all logs recorded of your account which completely defeats the purpose of using a VPN. There are a few companies out there without log data but I would personally go with the most used, HideMyAss. I've used them for years and I fully trust their services.

Although I previously stated that you should use your own computer to access the deep web, this should be through a secondary source. If you're going to go any further than browse, a USB stick is essential in keeping your information and Bitcoins safe. Downloading all incriminating evidence to a USB will allow you to keep it differentiated from your regular information.

Once you have your VPN and USB stick setup, it's time for the program that makes all this possible. It's called the "Tor Browser". It's pretty much the simplest browser possible, keeping no logs and allowing you to stay under the radar. Anyone trying to listen in to your activity will not be able to do so with this browser, unlike any other mainstream one. Putting the silk road address into anything other than Tor will simply turn up nothing.
>>Click here to download Tor<<
I have given you this specific link for a reason. There are many places that advertise the Tor browser download, but there is only one original and secure source. If you choose to download the browser from somewhere else, you are risking all that you are looking to protect. An external source can be accompanied by unwanted additions which can compromise your secure data, completely rendering the Tor browser useless for the purpose it was created for. This goes along with any internet download, always try and find the official link rather than using alternate upload sites. It is also very important you use the most recent version of Tor to avoid any vulnerabilities. As with anything on the internet, a secure network can always be compromised. Keeping up to date with the latest versions will ensure your information is secure from attacks. To make sure you have the version intended for you and not a copied, compromised version, be sure to verify your download. For more information regarding GPG verification head over to http://www.gnupg.org. If you're ever unsure about a download or you would like to verify your product to potential users, GPG keys are essential in showing the true motives behind an upload.

Alright, now extract the files to your USB stick and configure your VPN settings. After you've done so visit whatismyipaddress.com and make sure you're browsing anonymously. If the IP reads differently from normal you're fully setup and ready to visit Silk Road 2.0.

If you've read this far into things congrats! It's been a long tutorial. Don't worry you're ready to go now. The link to the silk road is silkroad6ownowfk.onion. Simply copy and paste that link into your Tor browser and you'll be asked to login, unlike the page you get on a regular browser. Create an account but keep in mind, it's highly suggested you use a brand new username and password here. This is a highly controversial place and you should not store any sensitive data. Once you've done so you can login and begin browsing on this amazing marketplace!

If you would like to read more into this there is also an official forum to go along with the silk road. You can find it here: onionsilkroad5v7dywlc.onion

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial, I worked very hard on creating it specifically for PacketPunks. Good luck browsing and remember, stay anonymous!
Excellent tutorial. Please make sure to advise potential members to use updated versions of tor at all times in combination with GPG.

Another excellent marketplace is based via I2P, and is called "The Market Place" - TMP. They use 3 way electrum transactions, so if they ever get hacked the funds cannot be retrieved, it's complex; should read it up.

SR is an excellent, and I mean EXCELLENT drug harm reduction community; its not street dealers selling crap, its all tested by members for purity, regents, added chemicals.

We allow the discussion of SR here, and I think we may need a section for it. Smile
Do NOT PM me for any inquiries related to advertising on PacketPunks. 

For our change log, CLICK HERE.
For our help docs, CLICK HERE.
(04-17-2014, 08:50 AM)Schultz Wrote: Excellent tutorial. Please make sure to advise potential members to use updated versions of tor at all times in combination with GPG.

Another excellent marketplace is based via I2P, and is called "The Market Place" - TMP. They use 3 way electrum transactions, so if they ever get hacked the funds cannot be retrieved, it's complex; should read it up.

SR is an excellent, and I mean EXCELLENT drug harm reduction community; its not street dealers selling crap, its all tested by members for purity, regents, added chemicals.

We allow the discussion of SR here, and I think we may need a section for it. :)

Thanks for the feedback, I put quite a bit of time into compiling this for everyone :)

I have updated the thread with the following content:
[spoiler]I have given you this specific link for a reason. There are many places that advertise the Tor browser download, but there is only one original and secure source. If you choose to download the browser from somewhere else, you are risking all that you are looking to protect. An external source can be accompanied by unwanted additions which can compromise your secure data, completely rendering the Tor browser useless for the purpose it was created for. This goes along with any internet download, always try and find the official link rather than using alternate upload sites. It is also very important you use the most recent version of Tor to avoid any vulnerabilities. As with anything on the internet, a secure network can always be compromised. Keeping up to date with the latest versions will ensure your information is secure from attacks. To make sure you have the version intended for you and not a copied, compromised version, be sure to verify your download. For more information regarding GPG verification head over to http://www.gnupg.org. If you're ever unsure about a download or you would like to verify your product to potential users, GPG keys are essential in showing the true motives behind an upload.[/spoiler]

I have never heard of TMP, I'll definitely look more into it. As for the SR, you explained a very good point about quality and health risks. This isn't just some black market for street dealers. As you would guess, it takes quite a bit of skill in order to become a seller. The street dealers stay on the street and the real business partners turn to the legitimacy of this site. If you choose to engage in the use of these types of substances it's an easy choice on who you would rather trust. A low level street dealer, or a high level business man who takes quality seriously.

I do agree, a section for this type of discussion would add value to the community as well as maybe bringing up some more Google searches related to the subject, attracting new members. Maybe a section called the Deep Web with a SR subforum or something to that extent.