Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some updates
Mobile theme:
As per this suggestion, I've removed the statistics from the footer of the index page on the mobile theme as it breaks the layout.

General:
-I've removed a plugin which we used for re-sizing images which was a JavaScript based solution and I have replaced it with a simpler and more efficient CSS based solution. The plugin caused a delay and some overhead for re-sizing images, and the CSS solution will not. Images can now only use a maximum of 75% of the width of the post area on both the mobile and desktop theme, the height of them is automatically adjusted to maintain aspect ratio.
-Some of the layout/width properties of the forum change when the page is made small, so the forum is more usable/less things break when the page is considerably small.
-The color of the registered user member group has been altered so that it's visible on the mobile theme.

As a general note, as soon as I deem MyBB 1.8 stable close enough to release for me to start development on our theme for 1.8, I will do that. I will likely have to rebuild most of our theme but during that I'll maintain all 1.8 optimizations/improvements, which include the use of modal login, CSS image sprites, and the default CSS buttons. We'll likely wait a while to upgrade to 1.8 until I'm confident that any initial bugs found are hammered out. For those of you who aren't familiar with the MyBB project, it is the forum software we run and they're soon to be updating their software to MyBB 1.8 which includes modernization that is long overdue.
Excellent series of updates. Smile
Do NOT PM me for any inquiries related to advertising on PacketPunks. 

For our change log, CLICK HERE.
For our help docs, CLICK HERE.
Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming.
[Image: uHVrTMF.jpg]
Can't wait for the updates Ryan, great job behind the scenes! <3
PacketPunks
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.
PM me with any questions or comments
(06-30-2014, 06:37 PM)Siberia Wrote: Can't wait for the updates Ryan, great job behind the scenes! <3

He's done a lot of changes backend to increase HTs security too, not mentioned to all, but yeah.
Do NOT PM me for any inquiries related to advertising on PacketPunks. 

For our change log, CLICK HERE.
For our help docs, CLICK HERE.