Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY NEW CHAT SYSTEM I MADE
Thumbs Up 
Hey everyone, I decided to start working a chat system last night and got some nice progress. You can view the chat here: http://www.hides.tk

So far there is one command and that's !reset
It allows you to reset the chatbox for everyone Big Grin

This is entirely made in PHP and a bit of HTML for the forms!

/Discuss + Leave a message on that chat!
Well, there is a security risk, as users can input <html> into it.

This can be done by doing so when outputting the value from the database into the webpage.
You should do like this before printing it out.

PHP Code:
echo htmlspecialchars($text); 
That will help.
(08-10-2012, 05:18 AM)Mark Wrote: Well, there is a security risk, as users can input <html> into it.

This can be done by doing so when outputting the value from the database into the webpage.

PHP Code:
That will help.

Thanks, I will look into that Angel
I'm also looking for a way to show the newest comment first and not last and I'm currently using the include_once for the comments to appear:biggrin:
(08-10-2012, 03:12 PM)Oqud Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 05:18 AM)Mark Wrote: Well, there is a security risk, as users can input <html> into it.

PHP Code:
That will help.

I'm also looking for a way to show the newest comment first and not last and I'm currently using the include_once for the comments to appear:biggrin:

What MySQL Query are you running? Cause you will need to change the ORDER of the output from the database, which can be done by adding a ORDER BY to the MySQL Query.
(08-10-2012, 03:33 PM)Mark Wrote:

PHP Code:
That will help.

What MySQL Query are you running? Cause you will need to change the ORDER of the output from the database, which can be done by adding a ORDER BY to the MySQL Query.

Actually the chat logs are saved to a text file Big Grin no databse:lightbulb::lightbulb:
(08-10-2012, 05:14 PM)Oqud Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 03:33 PM)Mark Wrote:

PHP Code:
That will help.

Actually the chat logs are saved to a text file Big Grin no databse:lightbulb::lightbulb:

By the system i showed you Smile
Ah it's so nice to see people experimenting nowadays.