Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates
Over the past days, administrators have been working hard to get the site atmosphere to be enjoyable and bug free.

3/12/14
Some of the fixes and addons I've done include but are not limited to:
-Upgrading and recompiling our web server for optimizations, and to GeoIP location.
-Adding scripts to the server for restarting services after certain time periods, useful if something locks up, and restarts in general tend to speed things up.
-Adding configuration to the web server to strip www from links, so all links that are non-www should redirect to not have www. This is for SEO and simply because it looks better than having random www and non-www links.
-Fixing the function to insert videos within the bbcode editor.
-Adding links to the "forums" tab of the header to view your posts and your threads.
-Changing the background color of the loading spinner to be blue to match our theme. This is the spinner you see when ajax is used, for example, in quick reply (when the page doesn't reload the page to see changes).
-Added configuration to the web server for security.
-Added a custom 404 error page.
-Fixed numerous incorrect links.
-Fixed spacing issues within the user control panel.
-Tweaking firewall configuration on the server.
-Changed the NewPoints decimal points from 8 to 4.
-Added the ability to use your globally recognized avatar (gravatar.com) as your avatar.

3/13/14
-Changed the Captcha theme to match our theme.
-Fixed several minor errors on registration.
-Cleaned up all of our CSS, not noticeable to users though.
-Fixed a number of theme issues.
-Fixed a problem with the editor.

I'm not the only one working on the site though, rest assured that Schultz and Cisco are also working hard.
great work mr admin teams Smile guys r always doing a job with the site ty all!!
I am really close friend with the owners here so OP keep that shit coming Smile
Yep. Heavy developments daily along with hard advertising.
Do NOT PM me for any inquiries related to advertising on PacketPunks. 

For our change log, CLICK HERE.
For our help docs, CLICK HERE.
Ryan i just noticed man your shit in the userbar got an extra " R" in it.
Aleluja, you've updated that annoying 1 minute limit for editing the threads, YESSSSS!
[Image: 0sPWRRx.gif]
(03-15-2014, 12:19 PM)Snow.Eskimo Wrote: Aleluja, you've updated that annoying 1 minute limit for editing the threads, YESSSSS!

We sure did. Appeared to be some kind of glitch with anti-spam systems.
Do NOT PM me for any inquiries related to advertising on PacketPunks. 

For our change log, CLICK HERE.
For our help docs, CLICK HERE.
(03-15-2014, 12:22 PM)Schultz Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 12:19 PM)Snow.Eskimo Wrote: Aleluja, you've updated that annoying 1 minute limit for editing the threads, YESSSSS!

That one was just a global setting. At some point, we'll probably have to drop something in its place, I've had problems in past forums I've ran where either a user would leave and decide to replace all of his threads with something stupid, and users getting hacked and then getting all of their threads edited. I might put it to 30 days or something.
(03-18-2014, 08:18 AM)Ryan Wrote:

That one was just a global setting. At some point, we'll probably have to drop something in its place, I've had problems in past forums I've ran where either a user would leave and decide to replace all of his threads with something stupid, and users getting hacked and then getting all of their threads edited. I might put it to 30 days or something.

Can't you put an date that can be extended, like 30 days after it was last edited?
[Image: 0sPWRRx.gif]
(03-18-2014, 02:17 PM)Snow.Eskimo Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 08:18 AM)Ryan Wrote:

Can't you put an date that can be extended, like 30 days after it was last edited?
MyBB doesn't currently support that, but if I remember correctly, there is going to be better control over it in the next branch of MyBB (1.8).