Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Protection from SQL Injection
SQL Injection is injecting SQL Through a Get or Post from a script into the SQL. for Example

The code for SQL may be
$id = $_GET['id']
$row= mysql_query('select * from `members` where id=$id');

This would allow the Attacker to Execute a Union Select statement.This would look like

member.php?id=' UNION SELECT concat(username,char(58),password) FROM members

A possible output would be

All you would need to do is crack the hash

So how exactly do you stop this attack?

Its simple. There are many methods of protecting from SQL injection. I use 2. These are the ones Im going to teach you.

If its a simple numerical ID such as the example above Just add a Value Check. In the above code it would look like below.
$id = $_GET['id'];
if(!isnumeric($id)) { die("Good Try :)"); }
[/font]$row= mysql_query('select * from `members` where id=$id');

Now if I tried to execute my Union Statement I would get an error

Good Try Smile

Now what if you are using a string such as a search. a Union would be used the same way.

This way I would use the 'mysql_real_escape_string'

This would look like
$id = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['id']);

This string it now Properly escaped and will not allow Succesful Execution of SQL Injection.

Thanks for sharing this. I know there's a flaw in a few MyBB plugins that allows SQL injection.
(03-05-2013, 12:52 AM)Ominous Wrote: Thanks for sharing this. I know there's a flaw in a few MyBB plugins that allows SQL injection.

There's actually, quite a bit of sql injections inside of MyBB plugins, that's why you need to check them first, before downloading any of them.
I'm always using PDO good security
Yeah, this is just a basic of the security, nothing to fancy about it.
Yeah, ok. But there are a lot of ways to get around this and a lot of other "Protection". I can think of several just from the top of my head.
[Image: Aw9l8YJ.png]

Add me On Skype: Tiger.kelleway