Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this workout style bad?
Ok so my Uncle said my workout is bad is it?
I take 15 pound weights and do basic punches
(swings jabs uppercuts)
in sets of 20 military style (1,2,3 1 1,2,3 2 etc)
i usually do 3 sets a day with 2 min breaks is this unhealthy/bad for your muscles?
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
Doesn't sound bad at all, you're just limiting what muscles you're exercising.
PacketPunks
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.
PM me with any questions or comments
(04-24-2014, 04:33 AM)Siberia Wrote: Doesn't sound bad at all, you're just limiting what muscles you're exercising.

That's not all I do Tongue
I do 3 100M and 300M Dashes bi-daily
1 Miles tri-daily
75 push ups daily
100 sit-ups daily
and a few others
and I PP the gym on weekends
(04-24-2014, 04:35 AM)Death Wrote:
(04-24-2014, 04:33 AM)Siberia Wrote: Doesn't sound bad at all, you're just limiting what muscles you're exercising.

1 Miles tri-daily
75 push ups daily
100 sit-ups daily
and a few others

That seems a little excessive Confusedad:
A bit overkill...
PacketPunks
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.
PM me with any questions or comments
(04-24-2014, 04:37 AM)Siberia Wrote:
(04-24-2014, 04:35 AM)Death Wrote:

1 Miles tri-daily
75 push ups daily
100 sit-ups daily
and a few others

That seems a little excessive Confusedad:
A bit overkill...

Honestly I have no choice Football you know :/ i gotta stay on varsity and it helps my dream of being a cop
+ theres guys out there doing 3 miles almost daily its crazy O.o
I would have to agree with your uncle. That's not at all what weights are for, some of your workouts are fine but the punches in my opinion is a big no no. That's going to completely ruin your shoulders and joints, just stick to regular exercises, especially with that heavy of weights. Check out this thread https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/in...350AAgZkyL

You need to work on your form not simply exerting a bunch of force on your body. The slower you do your reps the better it is, work on the form of things and make sure you're not doing something awkward with the weights. It's like a regular curl, if you do it slower you put more strain on your muscle and it does more for you than trying to do them as fast as you can.
(04-24-2014, 06:02 AM)Anonymous Wrote: I would have to agree with your uncle. That's not at all what weights are for, some of your workouts are fine but the punches in my opinion is a big no no. That's going to completely ruin your shoulders and joints, just stick to regular exercises, especially with that heavy of weights. Check out this thread https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/in...350AAgZkyL

You need to work on your form not simply exerting a bunch of force on your body. The slower you do your reps the better it is, work on the form of things and make sure you're not doing something awkward with the weights. It's like a regular curl, if you do it slower you put more strain on your muscle and it does more for you than trying to do them as fast as you can.

Well shit o.o
I don't workout so I really wouldn't know. Any exercise is good I guess.
Do NOT PM me for any inquiries related to advertising on PacketPunks. 

For our change log, CLICK HERE.
For our help docs, CLICK HERE.
ya maby if you added the extra twerk to it
[Image: 3717578.gif]